Yep, you read the title correctly....we have a new due date! It's now June 19th. This puts the 38-week mark (i.e. induction time) around June 5th...which just happens to be Martin's birthday! Perhaps I will only have to make ONE birthday cake every year for the two of them. :) (Who am I kidding, I've never made Martin a birthday cake!)
Long story short, between the first ultrasound, the first fetal assessment, and clearing up an earlier miscommunication about cycle-length, my OB did a recalculation at my appointment on Tuesday, and we came up with our new date. Under this new date, Bud is tracking perfectly size-wise. :)
Also during the appointment, the nurse was using the doppler machine to listen to Bud's heartbeat, and Bud kicked the doppler machine! She's feisty! The good news is that her heart rate accelerated exactly as it was supposed to when she exerted this little effort, so it was a very healthy response.
Speaking of kicks, this week I SAW a kick for the first time! She is very very active still, and has started a slightly annoying habit of kicking my bladder. I get to feel her movements lots, but every time Martin tries to feel her, she stops moving. I think her Daddy has a calming effect on her, but I think it's starting to make Martin question whether I'm making all this up about her being so active! ;) The other day I could actually pinpoint where her head was, and when I gave it a little push, she responded by kicking me! I'm really looking forward to being able to "interact" with her more now if that happens more often!
I've still been having a lot of energy lately which is very good. I'm hoping that lasts for a while, but with the 3rd trimester looming, I'm not so sure it's going to. I've still been trying to keep at least mildly active with walks over my lunch break, a few walks after work, and some yoga on the weekend. It actually really seems to help with my energy levels and with the comfort of my joints.
We've still been buying some miscellaneous stuff for Bud here and there, but nothing big this week...some books, some toys, a bouncy seat...stuff like that.
I don't have a picture this week, so I'll try to put one up next week.
And now that we're back on track with dates, here are the Bud-facts for week 25:
- Bud is responsive to touch now.
- Bud's eyelids will open around now and her heart is beating so strongly it may be heard with just a stethoscope.
- Bud weighs about 1.5lbs / 660g (although at the Fetal assessment 2 weeks ago they said she weighed about 1.5lbs already, so this may be a bit off), and is approximately 13.5" / 35cm long from crown to heel.
- Bud makes breathing movements but has no air in her lunchs yet.
All for now! More next week!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment