Well, I guess I'm now in my third trimester (depending on who you ask...some say 26 weeks, some say 28).
I don't have much to update since my last post a few days ago, so I'll just give the Bud Facts for 27 weeks.
- Bud is growing steadily as she prepares for delivery day. She will gain more weight rapidly over the next weeks.
- Bud is acting more like a newborn now. She opens and closes her eyes, sleeps and wakes at regular intervals, and may suck a finger or thumb.
- Bud may be hiccuping a lot. (Not that I've noticed...)
- Bud weighs nearly 2 pounds / 875 grams and measures 14.5" / 36.6cm from head to toe.
- Some experts believe that babies begin to dream by the 28th week. No one knows for certain what they dream about but the brain is active this week as well. The characteristic grooves on Bud's brain's surface start to appear and more brain tissue develops.
This coming week I have an appointment with my doula as well as with my endocrinologist, so I may have a more interesting update next week :)
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment