First off, I'm still doing well. I'm starting to get a bit more tired, but I've been waking up more at night lately, so that could be why - perhaps because Bud's kicks are getting stronger now. My ankles started swelling a bit too, but I'm finding ways to reduce that.
So enough about me...and more about Bud! Yesterday was our 2nd Fetal Assessment. It went VERY well. The nurse said everything looked great - heart-rate, size, placenta,etc - and she said that I must be taking very good care of my diabetes, judging by the health of the baby (which was very nice to hear). She estimated her weight at about 2 lbs which is apparently exactly where she should be. According to her growth chart, Bud is tracking perfectly just below the 50th percentile. She was very responsive to being "prodded" by the nurse and kicked the ultrasound machine a number of times. It was really neat to be able to actually watch her move around instead of just feel her! The nurse said she had a "very sweet face", but I'm not sure how she could tell in all that wavy black and white :) We were able to bring home a bunch more photos, so I'll post a few at the end of the blog. All this just makes us SO excited to be able to meet Bud in a few months!
So before I post the pictures, here are the Bud-facts for Week 26:
- Bud is becoming more sensitive to sound as the network of nerves in her ears develops. If Martin talks to her now she might learn to recognize his voice. The more she hears it, the more likely she is to find it soothing after she's born.
- From top to toe with legs extended, Bud is about 14" / 35.6cm. She weighs a little more than 1.6lbs / 760g. (Actually, according to the nurse, she weighs 2 lbs.)
- Bud's eyes begin to open around this time.
- Bud continues to take small breaths and, although she's only breathing in water and not air, it's good practice for when she's born.
And finally, here is my 26 1/2 week picture, and some new pictures of Bud!




No comments:
Post a Comment