Tuesday, December 30, 2008

17 Weeks and 4 Days

Well, I'm a little late on the 17 week post. Sorry about that. I thought I'd wait until we were home from our Christmas visiting before posting.

It's been a good week-and-a-half. I've been feeling really good (for the most part) and much more energetic than in the 1st trimester. My appetite has been rather...hearty...which is good right around Christmas, I guess. :) I've finally started gaining weight, too - about 3 pounds now. And...while on Christmas break, I seem to have "popped". I look quite pregnant now. Yay! I'll post a picture with the 18 week post in a few days. We definitely enjoyed our last Christmas with no baby, but are REALLY looking forward to next Christmas with a new baby! So exciting!


Here are a few Bud-facts for week 17, courtesy of www.babycenter.ca:

- Bud is now nearly 5.5" / 13cm long and weighs approximately 5 ounces / 140 grams.
- Bud's skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, which will harden later.
- A protective substance called myelin has slowly begun to wrap itself around Bud's spinal cord.


Look for a new post on the weekend - including a picture!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment