Wow! 15 weeks already! Time is flying!
The highlight of this week was that I got connected with my doula! She is from Birth Roots Doula Collective (http://www.birthrootsdoulas.com/). As I was looking at their website, I noticed that I recognized the name of one of the doulas as a woman from Steinbach (my hometown) who also has Type 1 diabetes! So when I registered with Birth Roots I asked if I could be paired up with her. Because she has 3 small children herself, she will not be able to be "on call" for the birth itself, but was very excited at the possibility of working with me, so she will be my doula along with another doula from Birth Roots. I have my own little doula team! I feel very fortunate! We have communicated via email and phone a fair bit already and she is already FULL of information for me. We will meet a few times before the birth and then this second doula will be with me for the whole labour and birth process. It will be so nice to have that support! Statistics show that using a doula greatly increases the chance of having a "positive birth experience" and I'm all for that!
I'm no bigger than last week, so I don't have another picture this week. I've actually gained no weight at all yet, even though my stomach is definitely protruding. I guess my metabolism is just changing.
Here are this week's Fun Bud Facts, brought to you by www.babycenter.ca:
- Bud frequently gets the hiccups, which babies master before breathing. Bud doesn't make any sound because his/her trachea is filled with fluid rather than air.
- Bud weighs about 2.5 ounces / 70 grams and measures nearly 4"/11cm.
- Bud's legs are growing longer than his/her arms now
- Bud's fingernails are fully formed and all his/her joints and limbs can move.
- Soon I should be able to feel Bud move (I haven't yet), although for first-time mothers it's often closer to week 20.
All for now!
Edit: Oh, one more thing. My first ultrasound has been scheduled for January 13th!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment