Well, this has been a fairly uneventful week, pregnancy-wise. My belly's growing EXTREMELY slowly, much to my chagrin (although I'll admit to being pleased about still fitting into most of my clothes - including one pair of slim-fitting jeans). It's not worth posting another photo yet because there's not really a visible change from the last one. I'm actually losing a bit of weight, and can tell that my metabolism is changing (e.g. my bloodsugars are dropping), just in time for Christmas feasting! :) The doctor says this is very normal and I shouldn't be concerned about the lack of weight gain.
I have been feeling some "new" sensations that may be Bud moving around - but may just be muscle twitches...or gas. :P I'm thinking it might be Bud, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
My abdominal muscles are not providing the support they used to. I managed to pull a muscle this week, and I'm finding my lower back is getting sore lately from compensating. Thank goodness for my massage therapist (and here's my plug for Tracie from Ankyo Therapeutic Massage)!
So, with no further pregnancy news to tell, here are this weeks Bud-facts:
- Bud is now about the size of an avocado (about 5"/11.6cm, and weighing approximately 4 ounces / 100 grams). In the next three weeks, he/she will double his/her weight and add inches to his/her length! (I've GOT to get bigger then!)
- Bud is playful, and may sometimes play with his/her first toy - the umbilical cord - which he/she may be pulling and grabbing.
- Bud's circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order.
- Bud is inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid through his/her lungs.
More news soon (although week 17 may be a bit delayed due to our Christmas holiday plans.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment