Friday, December 5, 2008

14 Weeks & 0 Days.....and a Picture (of me, not Bud)!


Well, today is 14 weeks! Here is the latest on Bud, courtesy of http://www.babycenter.ca/.



- Bud is about 3.5"/9cm long and weighs 1.5 ounces / 43 grams.

- This week, Bud's parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth)

- Bud's eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on the top of Bud's head is sprouting (this makes Bud sound like a chia pet....hmmm.....).

- Bud can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace, and may even be able to suck his/her thumb. (It doesn't say anything about smiling.)



And, since there's finally a little something to show, here is a picture of me with Bud. To be fair, I think my back is a bit arched in this picture (which you can't see because of my arm), and my sweater is fairly snug, so most of the time it's not quite so evident...but I definitely am starting a baby bump! Yay!





1 comment:

  1. You look awesome Beth! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you guys! I hope the pregnancy goes well and I hope your doulahs work out just the way you hope. What an exciting time!
    Mic

    ReplyDelete