Sunday, April 12, 2009

30 Weeks & 2 Days

Short post tonight as I'm exhausted!

We just got back from a very nice long weekend at Martin's mom's house, which is why I'm posting so late, and also why I'm so tired.

Not much new from this week. My hip was bothering me a lot all week, but it finally loosened up over the weekend. I think it helped that I was walking around a lot instead of just sitting at a desk all the time (like I do during the week).

As usual, Bud is moving around a lot. I'm getting the sense that she's positioned differently now, so hopefully she'll get out of the breech position (if she isn't already). We have a fetal assessment on Tuesday, so we'll find out then. There's still lots of time for her to move, though, too.

My doctor's appointment this week was with the endocrinologist. It was pretty quick and went well. Nothing noteworthy to mention.

Here are the Bud Facts for Week 30! Eight weeks to go!

- Bud's lungs and digestive tract are nearly mature.
- Researchers believe that Bud can actually see now, but no one knows how much she can make out. She can probably see what's going on in utero, distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. (I guess I"ll have to try that.)
- Bud is opening and shutting her eyes.
- Bud has eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Bud is becoming more cramped and less able to move so freely.
- Bud may soon slow up growing in length, but she will continue to gain weight until she's born.
- Bud is about 15.7"/40cm long
- About a pint and a half (approx. 1 litre) of amniotic fluid now surrounds bud, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment