After we did our shopping, we just HAD to set up the crib because Grandma Rose bought a beautiful bedding set for Bud and we wanted to see how it looked! It looks GREAT! So now we have a combo office/nursery. We have the change table and crib up, but we still have the computer desk in the same room, so it's doing double-duty right now. Eventually the computer desk will move out.
My baby-related appointment this week was the OB. Everything was A-OK! I'm still healthy and Bud's still healthy! I"m at the point now where I'll be having OB appointments every other week, endocrinologist appointments every other week (not the same week as the OB), and fetal assessments every other week! Ack! Busy! And at some point at least some of these will be moving to EVERY week! Thank goodness my boss is very understanding and accommodating! I'm very lucky in that respect!
Bud is still VERY active, and is putting a lot of pressure on my bladder still. On Thursday I had an appointment with my massage therapist and Bud got so active during my massage that my massage therapist could actually SEE my belly moving! Crazy! Also, Bud got the hiccups for the first time...but I think I may have mentioned that already in my last blog post. Also, this week without thinking, I gave my belly a little smack with my hand - not hard, but I guess hard enough because she JUMPED inside me! I must have really startled her!
I'm still craving fruit and bread & butter pickles, but I've also started craving coffee (decaf). That's a new one. It seems like things with strong flavours are appealing to me a lot now.
Last night, Martin and I went on a date! We're not sure how many more chances we'll have for that, so we thought we'd better make the most of a free weekend! Thankfully he's not opposed to dating a pregnant woman :) We had a very nice dinner at Joey's and both ate waaay too much. It was just impossible to pass up the banana bread pudding! Mmmmm...... Thankfully I've gotten pretty good at managing my insulin around little indulgences like that and had a pretty stable bloodsugar evening - even after a decadent dessert!
Alright, here are the Bud facts for Week 29:
- Bud's head is getting bigger and her brain is developing billions of neurons (important for later learning) at an amazing rate!
- Bud's nutritional needs are growing. Her bones, in particular, are soaking up lots of calcium right now. (Good thing I've been eating lots of cheese and yogurt! And my prenatal multivitamins, of course.)
- Bud weighs around 2.5lbs/1.1kg and measures about 15"/38cm from head to toe.
- Bud is reacting to sound - or will be soon.
And now, some pictures of me at 39 weeks (ready for our date night) and the bedding from Grandma Rose!


You're planning to use cloth diapers!?
ReplyDeleteKelly.
Yep. Probably not for the first couple of months, but eventually. From what we hear, they're very easy to use now, and end up saving a lot of money (vs. disposables). Not to mention being much more environmentally friendly.
ReplyDelete