Sunday, November 23, 2008

12 Weeks & 2 Days

Well, I have to say it feels VERY good to finally be able to share this news with everyone! It was getting so hard to keep it a secret. We have really enjoyed telling people and have been touched by all the support and well wishes we've already received! Thank you so much!

Not much has changed with me since I last posted (only a few days ago), but I thought I'd post the updated info on Bud for 12 weeks (from http://www.babycenter.ca)

- Bud is about 2"/5.5cm long now and weighs slightly less than 1/2 an ounce / 14 grams.
- Bud's liver and kidneys are working.
- Bud squirms if you prod my abdomen (but please don't)...but I can't feel Bud move yet.
- Bud's nerve cells are multiplying rapidly and synapses are forming.
- Bud has acquired more reflexes - touching the palms makes the fingers close, touching the soles of the feet makes the toes curl down, and touching the eyelids makes the eye muscles clench.

1st Trimester is over! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment