Well, we're halfway there! Over halfway, considering that I'm expecting to be induced around week 37. Although, it hardly feels like halfway since we only found out part way through week 7.
It's been a good week, pregnancy-wise. I've had lots of energy, which is good because we've been busy! I've been feeling really good and have further reduced my nausea medication (Diclectin). My knee and my back have been bothering me a bit as my posture and my joints change, but it hasn't been a significant problem. I'm also getting quite a bit bigger (gaining weight too) and actually went shopping for maternity clothes for the first time this week! I was really impressed with how comfortable maternity clothes are, and am considering wearing my maternity pants to Christmas dinner next year. ;)
This week we've started looking for some baby stuff in the stores and through friends. We're getting some great used stuff from a few people we know, which should help a LOT! One of these weekends we'll actually go buy some stuff at the store too.
Also this week I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move a few times, but it's hard to say for sure. I can hardly wait until there are more recognizable baby movements!
Today was my second appointment with the OBGYN. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, which was great :) We also found out that I will be having regular fetal assessments starting around week 24, during which we will find out the gender of the baby. So in about 6 weeks we'll know if we're having a boy or a girl! My first ultrasound is this coming Tuesday, but it's not a "fetal assessment" so they won't tell us the gender yet then. I don't expect we'll purchase the pictures from this round - we'll rather wait for the pictures from the first fetal assessment, as I've heard they're much better quality.
That's all for now! Except, of course for this week's "Bud facts":
- Bud measures around 6" / 15cm long and weighs about 9 ounces / 240 grams.
- Bud has started to swallow amniotic fluid and his/her kidneys continue to make urine.
- Hair is sprouting on the top of Bud's scalp.
- Bud's sensory development reaches its peak this week. The nerve cells serving each of the senses are now developing in their specialized area of the brain. Nerve cell production slows down as existing nerve cells grow larger and make more complex connections.
More next week!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That means that in 6 weeks I'll know if I should fire up that ruffle foot, or if I should be hunting out some cowboy fabric! Unless... you want ruffley cowboys? Hmmm.
ReplyDeleteI love the updates you post about Bud's development.